Sunday, May 8, 2011

Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers (product review)

For dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo, my boyfriend went to our local grocery store and purchased the goods for an Americanized Mexican dinner. Neither one of us has been to Mexico enough to know what real Mexican food is like, but we love Taco Bell. One thing he picked up was Old El Paso Burrito Stuffers.


I wish I had taken a picture of what our finished product looked like, but I guess I'll just have to do that next time.

For our burritos, we used tortillas (the best size would be small) and a little bit of nacho flavored cheese sauce. I used about a tablespoon and a half per burrito. Be sure to heat up the tortillas first to make them a little more pliable. I do this by stacking the tortillas on a plate, covering the whole stack with a damp paper towel, and microwaving for about 30 seconds on the high setting (of course, time and temperatures vary depending on your microwave). Place the filling in the center of the tortilla, then fold the bottom portion upward and the sides inward, almost making an envelope. You should have one end open (or close it if that's what you prefer). Eat and enjoy!

We tried two different flavors of the Tortilla Stuffers - Carne Asada Steak (w/ seasoned rice, beef, and black beans) and Mesquite Chicken (w/ seasoned rice, chicken, corn, and peppers). Both were SPICY and had more heat to them than kick. If you're looking for something to clear your sinuses, those would help. It's not something I would eat everyday because it's in a plastic heat and serve pouch and nothing from those pouches ever tastes great. However, for a meal once in a blue moon (or once a year on Cinco de Mayo), these will do. At some point, I may try making the seasoned rice dishes myself at home.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation or payment from any website or company mentioned in this review. This is merely a recommendation of a product I've tried on my own and obtained through my own means.

No comments:

Post a Comment