Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Writing

If you're reading this blog, you're probably wondering why it's called 'Graphophobia'. Graphophobia is the fear of writing, and I use this blog so that I'm writing something, everyday if I can, to keep my creative juices flowing in preparation for National Novel Writing Month in November.



NaNoWriMo.com is the website that hosts National Novel Writing Month, where the goal is to write 50,000 words in one month. There are flexible word goals each day and it's basically one big contest. It's a great way to connect with other writers, and there are some people who've gone on to have their work published professionally. That's my goal someday.

I'm going to try to use this blog more for posting writing prompts in the coming months to prep because I've participated in the past, but never hit my 50,000 word goal. I'd like to try and have the 50,000 words done before NaNoWriMo so I can just post my word goals and already have a finished product by the end of the month. That would relieve a lot of stress.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I love how much more I write now that I have a blog - my goal going forward is to try to get a bit more personal, which is pretty hard for me.

    ReplyDelete