Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received? The best Christmas present I ever received was one of the last Christmas presents I received from my grandmother before she passed away in 2006 -- an afghan she made with my favorite blend of colors. It's dusty rose, cream, and cornflower blue. Every once in a while, I wrap myself in it. It's nothing like a hug from her, but it's the closest I'll get to one.

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received? A bag full of practical joke products -- joy buzzer, whoopie cushion, gum that makes your teeth turn black. I re-gifted it to one of my cousins for Christmas.

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)? It's an artificial green tree with white lights built into it. The ornaments are a collection of things my mom and I collected over the years. Every year my boyfriend and I have lived together, we've bought a new ornament to put on the tree. Eventually, we're going to have our ornaments and the ones I've collected with my mother are going to be passed down to my children.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc. I don't have an ironing board, so I usually just hang my clothes in the bathroom and let the steam from the shower do the work.

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...) I don't usually do the baking (that's my Mom's thing). However, when we have family get-togethers, each family brings a dish to pass. Last year I made pepperoni pizza puffs (recipe from Noble Pig). This Thanksgiving, I made pumpkin pie brownies (recipe found @ Foodbeast). This year for Christmas, I'm making fruit dip (with 8 oz. strawberry cream cheese and 7 oz. marshmallow fluff) and serving it with assorted fruit (apples, strawberries, pineapple, melon, grapes). My mom makes the cookies. Every year I put in a request for Haystacks (melted chocolate and butterscotch chips mixed with Chinese noodles [the ones you find on salad bars] and unsalted peanuts -- no baking).

No comments:

Post a Comment